The Basic PD-01 vs PNC-01 Microprocessor Control System
Any Gramatech model chamber vacuum sealer may be equipped with either the PD-01 basic digital control system or the microprocessor-based PNC-01 control system. Below you will find a comparison of these two systems.
PD-01 Basic Digital Control System
This system allows for only the four most basic machine operating parameters to be controlled and only as a function of time. These parameters are vacuum time, gas flush time for one stage only (only if the machine is equipped with the gas option), seal time (not seal temperature), and cooling or dwell time. All parameters are set using a simple up/down button and are read on a small digital display.
PNC-01 Microprocessor-based Control system
The features listed below are the basic upgraded features that a PNC-01 control system can provide you.
- The available 14 recipe memory is needed: Your customer has several different packages to work with that require different cycle settings to achieve the desired results.
- Soft air venting is required: your customer’s product may be damaged by the standard, more violent vacuum venting offered on the PD-01 basic digital control system.
- A vacuum parameter controlled by percentage is required: Your customers desire that the final packages be very consistent, or they want to be sure maximum oxygen has been removed from the package.
- Multistage vacuum / gas flush is required: Your customer’s product is very sensitive to residual oxygen that may be left in the package after only one vacuum and one gas flush per cycle.
- When a “Skip Cycle: function is useful: Your customer has the need to set up cycle parameters for a variety of new products.
- When an IP-56 water-resistant control panel enclosure is needed: Your customer’s machine is used inside a harsh environment or wash down area.
- When a change oil function will be handy to help facilitate proper vacuum pump maintenance.